Local artistes Debbie Reifer and NexCyx are on marthastewartweddings.com’s list of 27 Bands To Hire For Your Wedding Day. The list released in September, features an eclectic collection of bands, mostly hailing from the United States.
The only other Caribbean-based band to be included was Quique Talevera of Puerto Rico.
Martha Stewart Weddings first learned of the two bands when they performed at the superstar wedding of singer Gabe Saporta and fashion designer Erin Fetherston, held in Barbados last year. The magazine was impressed and asked to include them in this month’s online feature.
Musical director of NexCyx, Andre Clarke, said it was an honour to be acknowledged in this way by such a respected magazine.
“We are thrilled to have made the cut; and to have another Bajan artiste recognized as well is just phenomenal,” he added.
NexCyx is just back in Barbados after a successful five-state college tour in the United States.
Debbie Reifer is currently in Los Angeles wrapping up performances at the historic House Of Blues in Hollywood and the music networking showcase Sync Summit.
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App