Coast Guard and police will tomorrow morning resume the search for an 18-year-old who went missing after diving off a cliff at the Crane beach in St Philip this evening.
Shaquille Oneal Denny, of Rollins Road, Silver Sands, Christ Church, was among three young men who had been repeatedly diving, but after he jumped in around 3:30 p.m., he disappeared from view.
Police public relations officer Inspector David Welch said Denny subsequently resurfaced for a brief moment but was not seen since.
Once the alarm was raised, the search began on the beach and in the water for the teenager, but the effort had to be suspended around 6:15 p.m. because of failing light and deteroriating sea conditions.
- Local News
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App