A family of eight was left homeless last night after a fire completely destroyed their residence at Coconut Walk, Hastings, Christ Church.
It took eight members of the Barbados Fire Service and two tenders to put out the blaze that started at around 9 p.m.
The three-bedroom wooden house, which was not insured, was occupied by 56-year-old Shirley Burke, her two sons, her daughter and four grandchildren.
No one was injured.
- Local News
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App