Rising 16-year-old Barbados martial sport athlete Shackeem Mascoll, captured the silver medal in the 70 kg Junior Sanda Boys (Chinese Kick-boxing), at the 10th Pan American Wushu Championships in Costa Rica which was staged September 5, 6, 7, 2014.
Four hundred and twenty Wushu athletes ranging in ages from 8 to 30 from the Pan American region participated in the bi-annual event. Kick-boxing is the the official combat sport of the People’s Republic of China,
Mascoll, the lone Barbados Wushu Taichi Federation participant, was very happy with his first-time performance and the experience gained from competing in an event of this magnitude. He expressed his sincere appreciation to the BWTF and BOA for funding his trip as well as his coach’s. He also praised the Costa Rican organizing committee for hosting a fantastic event.
- Govt ‘making up’ with former commissioner – Senator Franklyn
- ‘Make money from Sargassum seaweed’
- Fishing boat credit scheme being explored - Humphrey
- Electric buses ‘by year-end’, says Abrahams
- Protest near US Embassy in support of President Nicolas Maduro
- PM denies giving diplomatic passport, $100,000 waiver to Hartley Henry
- GUYANA - Vice Chancellor denies running University broke as staff calls for audit
- REGIONAL - Haiti inmates escape from Aquin prison
- GUYANA - ‘Clean up the list’
- THE BAHAMAS - Haitian sloop survivors will be repatriated
- GUYANA - Student remanded on UG bomb threat charges
- THE BAHAMAS - Together in grief
- Mobile App