A Guyanese man is facing four drug charges after arriving in Barbados on a boat that had 12.13 kilogrammes of cannabis on board.
Thakurdeo Heeraman, 35, was a crew member on the tug boat that towed a barge to Barbados with a consignment of produce from Guyana on Saturday.
A joint operation was carried out by the Police Drug Squad and Customs Enforcement on Tuesday at the Port and 18 packages of marijuana were found in a garbage bag.
Heeraman has been charged with possession, possession with intent to supply, trafficking and importation.
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App