Businessman Rodney Levi Wilkinson has been remanded to prison until October 24.
The 59-year-old, a director of Executive Rentals Inc. and Premier Pre-Owned Vehicles Inc., is facing 67 counts of criminal deception, primarily involving Globe Finance Inc. and Nassco Finance, offences that amount to more than $4 million.
The charges stem from investigations by the Fraud Squad of the Royal Barbados Police Force into reports related to loans for vehicles that did not exist following official complaints from Globe Finance and Nassco Limited that they were unable to locate vehicles they wanted to repossess.
Wilkinson appeared in the District “A” Magistrates’ Court today to hear the charges, a process the took some time given the number of offences.
However, his attorney – Marlon Gordon – is expected to make a plea for bail in the High Court on Monday.
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App