Rodney Wilkinson, the businessman facing 67 counts of criminal deception, will have to remain in prison for at least another week. The director of Executive Rentals car and limousine services had been remanded to jail on Saturday when he appeared in court to answer the charges. But his attorney at law, Marlon Gordon, who had served notice he would go to the High Court today to request bail, told Barbados TODAY this afternoon that his client could not get on the list of matters to be heard. He said he would make an application next Tuesday.Wilkinson’s charges stem from investigations by the Police Fraud Squad into complaints by Nassco Finance and Globe Finance, regarding loans for vehicles which did not exist.
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App