Members of the Royal Barbados Police Force (RBPF) are mourning the sudden death of one of their own.
Sergeant David Leacock, who was in his mid-50s, collapsed and died at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital last night “while dealing with a personal matter”, according to police public relations officer Inspector David Welch.
Leacock was a 29-year veteran of the RBPF.
“He will surely be missed,” Welch said. “He was a very forthright and knowledgeable officer and very friendly. His death leaves a void in the force and he will surely be missed.”
- REGIONAL - Haitians seek water, food as businesses reopen
- GUYANA - Disabled woman perishes in fire
- REGIONAL - Bahamas Govt places repatriations of Haitians on hold amid unrest
- TRINIDAD - Police capture one of the country’s most wanted men
- CRICKET-WI/ENG-West Indies bracing for strong challenge, says Hope
- GUYANA - Vice Chancellor denies running University broke as staff calls for audit
- Mobile App