A Guyanese man has been charged in connection with the discovery of half a kilo of compressed cannabis in boxes of cereal shipped from Canada.
Denroy Emroy Bailey, 42, of Baird Road, Weston, St James, is expected to appear in the District “B” Magistrates’ Court today charged with possession, possession with intent to supply, trafficking and importation.
According to police, a package shipped from Canada was opened by Customs personnel at the airport bond yesterday, and the drugs were found.
Further investigations that same day led to Bailey’s arrest.
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App