Businessman Rodney Levi Wilkinson was today granted $1.5 million bail by the High Court but he will have to remain at Her Majesty’s Prison at Dodds until the court can assess his sureties.
His attorney Marlon Gordon made the successful bail application before Madame Justice Maureen Crane-Scott today, about two weeks after the director of Executive Rentals Inc. and Premier Pre-Owned Vehicles Inc. appeared in the District “A” Magistrates’ Court on 67 counts of criminal deception.
The prosecution had objected to bail on the grounds that Wilkinson was a flight risk.
However, the judge did not agree.
However, she set conditions for Wilkinson’s bail release.
The 59-year-old will have to report to the District “A” Police Station on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays while waiting for his next court appearance in the Magistrates’ Court on October 24. He also had to surrender his travel documents.
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App