The police band today marked its 125th anniversary.
Governor General Sir Elliott Belgrave topped the list of dignitaries at a special anniversary church service at St Mary’s in the City.
The celebrations were also attended by National Hero Sir Garry Sobers, Chief Justice Sir Marston Gibson, Attorney General Adriel Brathwaite, Director of Public Prosecutions Charles Leacock, Acting Police Commissioner Tyrone Griffith, his deputy Erwin Boyce, and several other officials.
There was also a musical parade through the streets and the unveiling of an anniversary plaque at the church.
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App