Tourism consultant Colin Jordan has received the official nod to represent the St Peter constituency on the Barbados Labour Party (BLP) ticket in the next general election.
Just moments ago, he was nominated unopposed at a meeting at the Alexandra School by Richard Arthur, brother of former Prime Minister Owen Arthur, who has been the representative for the northern constituency for the past 30 years.
However, the St Peter incumbent resigned from the BLP back in July, at the height of internal wrangling, and is due to serve out the remainder of his term as an Independent.
More to follow.
- Local News
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App