The Ministry of Education has announced that all schools are closed today, as a result of the inclement weather.
This includes private schools and nurseries, as well as the Barbados Community College and the Samuel Jackman Prescod Polytechnic which fall under the purview of Government, the Ministry said in an announcement broadcast on state radio and television.
The Barbados Meteorological Services had previously advised that a passing tropical wave interacting with an upper-level low and trough over the Eastern Caribbean has been generating some pockets of moderate to heavy showers, periods of rain, thunderstorms and occasional gusty winds across the island.
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App