Upul Tharanga’s half-century led Sri Lanka A’s fightback on day two after the West Indies A were dismissed for 282 runs in their 1st Innings of the 3rd and final “Test” at Tyronne Fernando Stadium.
The West Indies A started the day on 239/6 but overnight batsmen Carlos Brathwaite (18) and Chadwick Walton (16) failed to carry on. Carlos Brathwaite got to 25 while Walton was out for 27.
Tharindu Kaushal failed to add to his wicket tally from day one, finishing with 5-125 while Nuwan Pradeep ended with 4-40.
Sri Lanka A captain and opener, Tharanga, then led the hosts’ fightback with a patient 77 from 120 balls. His knock did include 12 boundaries. Most Sri Lanka A batsmen did get starts. Kusal Perera made 38 while Dinesh Chandimal is unbeaten on 43.
Sri Lanka A closed day two on 248/6, still 34 runs behind the West Indies A. Carlos Brathwaite (2-20) and Davendra Bishoo (2-81) were the pick of the bowlers for West Indies A.
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App