Wildey are the new champions of the Barbados Cricket Association First division three-day Championship, and they will be back in the Elite division next season after being demoted from the top league in 2011.
Formerly known as Banks and Banks Wildey, they took the title when they defeated Police by seven wickets inside two days at Weymouth yesterday.
It was their seventh win and fifth on the trot, carrying them to an unassailable 141 points going into final day of the season today.
Meanwhile, their neighbours LIME suffered a ten-wicket loss in two days in the bottom-of-the table clash with Glassesco BCL at Blenheim.
LIME ended on 41 points and in ninth position – one spot ahead of Guardian General Barbados Youth who are exempt from demotion. Hence, LIME will be demoted to the Intermediate division competition next season.
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App