The 2007 Junior Calypso Monarch, who was shot by lawmen during a chase this week, is now facing five charges, including assaulting two police officers.
Rico Gaskin, 23, of Lowthers Hill, St Patricks has been charged with two counts of endangering life, two counts of assault and one count of criminal damage.
Gaskin is accused of assaulting the lawmen two days ago while at Farnums Land, Chapman Lane, St Michael.
During the chase, he was shot in his shoulder.
Additionally, he is accused of shooting at two men who were in a car at Cavans Lane, Bridgetown, in November 2014. The car was damaged during the incident.
The accused is expected to appear at the District ‘A’ Magistrate’s Court on Monday.
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App