The dynamic duo, Leadpipe and Saddis were the top winners in last night’s 10th annual Barbados Music Awards that was filled with glitz, glamour and prestige.
The two copped the majority of the top awards, including Soca Artiste of the Year, Song of the Year with Ah Feeling , as well as Duo of the Year in the show held at the Lloyd Erskine Sandiford Centre.
Speaking on the behalf of the duo, Leadpipe, also known as Porgie, thanked their fans for their continued support and told them to expect bigger and better things in the future.
He also announced that they would be taking part in Trinidad’s International Soca Monarch competition this year.
Also winning big on the night were Biggie Irie, Male Entertainer of the Year; Red Boyz, Producer of the Year and Imani, Female Entertainer of the Year.
The show was co-hosted by international actor Boris Kodjoe and Barbadian Kirk Brown.
Headliner and powerhouse American singer-songwriter Shirley Murdock belted out hit after hit and closed the near two and a half hour show with the crowd favorite And I Am Telling You.
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App