Police are dismissing claims that attempts are being made at the Horizon prison in Kingston to harm incarcerated entertainer Vybz Kartel.
Rumours have been swirling that attempts at poisoning the popular DJ have been made.
Head of Kingston Western Division, Senior Superintendent of Police Steve McGregor told OBSERVER ONLINE a short while ago that he is aware of the rumours and made checks but all the claims were unsubstantiated.
“We have heard the rumours that attempts were being made to harm the entertainer and we would have visited the area and spoken to officials there and found these rumours to be false,” said McGregor.
He also dismissed claims that a female was arrested trying to smuggle poison into the correctional facility to harm the artiste.
“All of these allegations are false. The police have made checks and found rumours to be untrue,” McGregor emphasised.
Kartel (Adidja Palmer) is serving life imprisonment for the murder of Clive ‘Lizard’ Williams in Havendale, a suburb north of Kingston, on August 16, 2011.
He was sentenced on April 3, 2014 and will not be eligible for parole for 35 years.
Kartel and three co-convicts have filed appeals against their conviction and sentences, claiming they got an unfair trial, and that there was a miscarriage of justice in the matter. (Jamaica Observer)
Recent Local News
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App