AB de Villiers ripped up the record books with the fastest century in One-Day Internationals, off just 31 balls to beat the previous quickest set by Corey Anderson off 36 balls little more than a year ago, as South Africa defeated the West Indies by 148 runs earlier today to take a 2-0 lead in the best of five series.
South Africa beat their own record at the Wanderers and racked up 439 for two, four shy of the world record total of 443.
In their turn at the crease, the West Indies could only muster 291 for seven, and must now win the remaining three matches if they are to win the series.
Recent Local News
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App