Police have charged a postman for stealing several pension cheques between December 2014 and this month, as well as the woman who allegedly cashed them.
Dwayne Omar Brathwaite, 30, of Eckstein Village, Black Rock, St Michael, has been charged with 17 counts of putting off on a forged instrument, 10 counts of attempting to obtain a forged instrument and five counts of obtaining money on a forged instrument.
Meanwhile, Roslyn Alleyne, 36 of Ruby, St Philip faces multiple counts of fraud and other offences.
She has been charged with 26 counts of uttering forged instrument, 10 counts of attempting to obtain on a forged instrument, 16 counts of obtaining money on a forged instrument and one count of going equipped.
The two will appear in the District “A” Magistrates’ Court tomorrow.
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App