St Michael copped two of the three titles up for grabs on the opening night of the Inter-Parish Road Tennis Championships finals last night.
Before a small but appreciative crowd, Justin Smith dethroned defending 15 and Under champion, Ezekial Ward of Christ Church by defeating him 21-18, 21-13 to win his first ever title.
St Michael then added their second when their veterans’ team of Jeffrey “Bing Crosby” Layne and Andrew “Cripple” Holder easily toppled St Thomas duo of Ricky “Body Doc” Hoyte and Anderson “Chef Andy” Smith respectively to claim their third title.
Layne won 21-8, 21-16, while Holder was made to fight tooth and nail before emerging victorious 16-21, 21-15, 22-20.
St George’s Kim Holder also emphatically defended her ladies’ crown with a straight sets 21-10, 21-14 win over Rachel Smith of Christ Church.
The action climaxes tonight with the finals of the ‘A’ class, ‘B’ class and 21 and Under divisions.
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App