Police are investigating reports of the discovery of what appears to be human remains in a desolate area in rural St Andrew.
A group of hikers today spotted what they believe to be a decomposed body.
They say they were literally stopped in their tracks by a very pungent smell, as they sought to manoeuvre through the hilly terrain, close to an area known as The Choyce, located on the island’s northeast coast.
The naked body, which appeared to be in an advanced stage of decay, was also said to be crouched.
A pair of blue track pants with white stripes was seen further up the hill, a few metres away from the body, the hikers told Barbados TODAY.
Lawmen are yet to confirm the reports.
- Tremor jolts Jamaica
- GUYANA - Baby dies after brother feeds him rat poison
- THE BAHAMAS - No ‘rest’ for killer
- REGIONAL - Aide-de-camp to Bahamas’ GG gunned down in front of daughter
- REGIONAL - Counsellor says one suicide committed every week in Jamaica
- JAMAICA - Family, teachers, classmates mourn teen
- Mobile App