The man shot dead in Dash Gap, Bank Hall, St Michael this morning has been identified as Selwyn Knight and lawmen say a policeman was the one who pulled the trigger.
The 57-year-old Bank Hall resident died at the scene after being shot around 6:50 a.m.
A statement from police said two men were taken into custody. One of them is receiving medical attention at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital as he was also shot.
“One of the victims was armed with a knife which was recovered along with other property,” the statement from police public relations officer Assistant Superintendent David Welch said.
He said a senior officer has been assigned to investigate the shooting.
Police are appealing to anyone who witnessed the shooting or has any information, to call telephone number 430-7189.
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App