The trial of Nation Publishing Co. Ltd’s publisher Vivian-Anne Gittens, Editor-in-Chief Roy Morris and senior journalist Sanka Price opened today in the District “A” Magistrates’ Court.
The trio, who appeared before acting magistrate Aliston Seale, has pleaded not guilty to a charge of showing an indecent photograph of two minors.
The charge stems from the publication of a picture of two school children having sex in a classroom on the back page of the October 26, 2013 Saturday Sun.
Price was the author of the article, which was accompanied by the offending photograph.
The summary trial, which is taking place in the lower court , will not require the defendants to face a judge and jury.
Recent Local News
- BREAKING NEWS - Police probe another unnatural death
- Ministry launches investigation into death at senior citizens home
- Update - Police release the name of Vauxhall victim
- Police probe another unnatural death in St Lucy
- Family mourns for Mario Peters
- Update: Police investigate homicide at senior citizens home
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App