Police are investigating the circumstances surrounding the death of 70-year-old British national Eddie Fletts at Accra Beach, Christ Church yesterday morning.
A statement from police public relations officer Acting Assistant Superintendent David Welch disclosed that around 11:40 a.m., Fletts got into difficulty while swimming.
Three lifeguards went to his aid and pulled him ashore.
Fletts was transported by ambulance to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital where he was pronounced dead.
- REGIONAL - Haitians seek water, food as businesses reopen
- GUYANA - Disabled woman perishes in fire
- REGIONAL - Bahamas Govt places repatriations of Haitians on hold amid unrest
- TRINIDAD - Police capture one of the country’s most wanted men
- CRICKET-WI/ENG-West Indies bracing for strong challenge, says Hope
- GUYANA - Vice Chancellor denies running University broke as staff calls for audit
- Mobile App