Students at the Cave Hill Campus of the University of the West Indies (UWI) put down their books and gave studying a break today to take part in the annual Carnival. Just over 300 revelers took part in the jump down Spring Garden as the event, which took a break last year, was back on stream.
And right on the heels of the UWI jumpers came revelers in Joukanal who moved off from the Party Stand and went on to Spring Garden before returning to their start point.
Joukanal was born after the university pulled out of holding the Carnival last year because of budgetary constraints. The two were separate events this year.
Here are some scenes from the road today. Look out for a full review in Bajan Vibes in Wednesday’s edition of the Barbados TODAY e-Paper.
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App