A man who was wanted by police is now facing eight charges stemming from a 2014 drug seizure.
Courtrum Tyrone Clarke, 53, of St Lawrence, Christ Church, has joined two other Christ Church men accused of having cannabis and cocaine. He faces charges of possession, intent to supply, trafficking and importation of 53.2 pounds of cannabis and similar charges in connection with 31.7 kilos of cocaine.
According to police public relations officer Assistant Superintendent David Welch, on December 8, 2014, police intercepted a car at Skeete’s Bay, St Philip. The occupants of the car escaped but when police searched the vehicle they found the illegal drugs.
Further investigations led to the arrests of Guyanese national Gregory Manson-Hing, 31, of Craigg Road, St Lawrence, and 54-year-old Adrian Obrian Hinds of Durants and a wanted bulletin was issued for Clarke on December 20.
He is expected to appear at the District “A” Magistrates Court today.
Manson-Hing and Hinds are currently on remand on the drug charges.
Recent Local News
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App