An elderly couple was rushed to hospital by ambulance this morning following an 8:45 a.m. road accident near the bottom of University Hill.
Balfour Walkes, 77, and his wife Ann, 60, were both injured when their Suziki Vitara overturned on wet road and ended up in a ditch. The driver complained of injuries to the neck and shoulder but was able to crawl out of the vehicle on his own, while his wife had to be assisted by paramedics.
The couple resides at #12 Pearl Drive, Lodge Terrace.
No further details are available at this time.
Meantime, police are investigating an accident, which occurred at Canewood Road, St Michael, around 10:40 p.m. last night.
The driver of the car, David Francis, 55, of Water Hall Land St Michael, who complained at the scene of injuries to his chest and about the right side of his body, was taken to hospital by ambulance following the collision with a truck driven by 36-year-old Sherwin Straker of #64 Neen Link Road, Lower Burney, St Michael.
Recent Local News
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App