The young woman who died in this afternoon’s accident along Black Rock, St Michael has been identified as 19-year-old Adrianna Sobers, King William Street, Nelson Street, the City.
Sobers, a former student of St George Secondary School, was the pillion rider on a motorcycle ridden by 23-year-old Kemar Jordan of Chapel Gap, Paynes Bay, St James.
She died at the scene.
Acting Assistant Superintendent David Welch confirmed that the bike was involved in an accident with two Transport Board buses driven by Walter Lewis, 47, and 51-year-old Christopher Edwards.
Jordan was taken to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital after suffering serious abrasions. An 18 month old child, a passenger in one of the buses, was also taken to the hospital.
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App