JAMAICA – A policeman who attempted to rob a bar in the early hours of this morning has been shot dead by another cop.
The identity of the dead police officer has not yet been released.
Preliminary reports are that about 12:30 a.m., the masked, gun-toting officer and an accomplice entered the bar in Hopewell, Hanover and attempted to rob the patrons.
The policeman was reportedly challenged by a police inspector, who was a patron in the bar, and a shootout ensued.
When the gunfire subsided, the robber lay dead.
A patron and the bartender were injured, while the cop who challenged his rogue colleague was reportedly grazed by two bullets.
The whereabouts of the accomplice is unknown at this time.
It is believed an illegal gun was seized by police.
(Jamaica Observer/Jamaica Gleaner)
- Local News
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App