Three Vincentians accused of drug crimes are spending the long Easter weekend on remand at HMP Dodds.
Jomo Jalon Jack, 30; Allison Agustus Blugh, 31; and Kevin David Christopher Joe, 28, were denied bail when they appeared in the District “A” Magistrates’ Court yesterday on charges of possession, possession with intent to supply, trafficking and importation.
They are expected to appear in the Holetown Magistrates’ Court later this week.
The three were found on a boat with a 30-pound bale of cannabis last Wednesday, April 1.
Around 2:45 a.m. on that day, members of the Drug Squad assisted by members of the Marine Unit intercepted a speedboat about four nautical miles off Mullins, St Peter with the three men and drugs on board.
Recent Local News
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App