Daryll Jordan Secondary student Mary Fraser grabbed her second gold medal at the CARIFTA Games in St Kitts, when she won the girls’ 3000 metres yesterday.
Also in winner’s row was Rivaldo Leacock, bringing Barbados’ gold medal tally up to five, with today being the last day of competition.
Fraser was a comfortable winner once again, adding to the gold medal which she won in the 1500 metres earlier. Another Barbadian in Elizabeth Williams grabbed bronze.
Leacock also produced a spectacular run, smashing the field from lane 8 in the 400 metre hurdles to win in a personal best time of 51.34 seconds.
The time was also a new World Youth leading time in the event.
Mario Burke (100 metres) and Hayley Matthews (javelin) were the other gold medal winners.
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App