It’s more than two months late but this year’s sugar crop finally got underway this morning.
Barbados Today visited the island’s lone operating factory, Portvale Sugar Factory in St. James earlier today and the process was in full swing.
An official from the Barbados Agricultural Manufacturing Company (BAMC) said harvesting was off to a smooth start.
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App