Chris Gayle hammered the Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) bowlers into submission with a breathtaking 96 that guided Royal Challengers Bangalore (RBC) to a three-wicket victory in an Indian Premier League encounter earlier today.
Chasing a victory target of 178, Gayle singlehandedly tore apart the home team attack, with his 56 ball innings containing seven boundaries and an equal number of sixes.
When Gayle was out, RCB still needed seven runs but Abu Nechim Ahmed who ended unbeaten on five and Harshal Patel, who scored nine not out, kept their calm to see their team home with an over to spare.
Gayle’s performance trumped that of his West Indies teammate and fellow Jamaican, Andre Russell, whose earlier spectacular cameo enabled defending champions KKR to reach a comfortable 177 for six after being put into bat.
Russell smashed 41 off 17 balls with six boundaries and two sixes after skipper Gautam Gambhir created a platform with his second successive half-century in as many matches.
Mystery off-spinner Sunil Narine had a rare wicketless performance for KKR.
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App