Patrick Husbands captured his eight Sovereign Award as Canada’s most Outstanding Jockey last night. The Barbadian won 170 races from 676 mounts including 21 stakes races. His mounts collected over $10.6 million in earnings, the second-highest total of Husbands’ Canadian career which began in 1998. The crowning moment of Husbands’ 2014 campaign came when he guided the filly Lexie Lou to win the Queen’s Plate. It was the first Plate win for trainer Mark Casse, a longtime friend and client for Husbands. Other big- name horses ridden by Husbands in 2014 included Kaigun, Hillaby and Sky Captain.
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App