A Jamaican national is set to appear in the District A Magistrates court today on four drug related charges.
Dwayne Sylvester Phillips, 26, has been charged with possession of cannabis, possession with intent to supply, trafficking and importation of 1lb of cannabis.
He was arrested by members of the Drug squad after arriving at the Grantley Adams International Airport on April 4.
After clearing Immigration, Phillips was interviewed by police who referred him to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital.
While there he passed out 65 packets of cannabis he had ingested; total weight 1 lb.
Recent Local News
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App