Four Barbadians are headed to the forests of Dominica for what is expected to be a gruelling four-day competition.
Derrick Frederick, Martin Carnegie, Barrington Johnson and Kristina Hassell will be competing in the Dominica Nature Island Challenge which will run from April 13 – 17.
The event will take the format of four days of running and hiking approximately 12 miles daily in the forests of Dominica and completing several cultural and sports challenges.
They will compete against two teams from the USA, two teams from Germany and one team from defending champions, Trinidad and Tobago.
During a presentation on Friday at Sheraton Centre, where they received sponsorship from team sponsor Fresh Vitamins, Frederick said the team would be putting their best feet forward.
“The team is comprised of four persons with varying levels of experience in running and hiking, but we are going to put our best feet forward against what seems to be some very experienced competition,” he noted.
Manager of Fresh Vitamins, Rhondda Charles said the company was proud to be supporting Team Barbados
Yellow on their journey to Dominica.
The Nature Island Challenge will be broadcast on cable television on NBC later in 2015, as well as have
coverage provided by leading publication Outside magazine.
- Local News
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App