The 14th annual National Senior Games are now underway at the National Stadium.
In delivering the opening remarks earlier today, Minister of Social Care and Community Development, Steve Blackett expressed his gratitude to all those who had a hand in ensuring that the games were possible this year.
“News of the condition of the stadium was disappointing, but we are thankful to Darcy Boyce for making special accommodation for us today,” he said before declaring the games officially open.
Blackett said this year there were 420 athletes participating across 8 disciplines including Archery.
He encouraged all gathered to encourage the elderly as they participated in games.
Mark Norville delivered the athletes oath on the behalf of the athletes. (DB)
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App