UPDATE: A large crowd is gathered at the District “A” Magistrates’ Court in anticipation of the arrival of a police officer charged in connection with the shooting death of 57-year-old Selwyn Knight and the wounding of his 27-year-old son Junior.
Constable Everton Gittens, a member of the Drug Squad was questioned at the Black Rock police station yesterday.
Gittens had shot the two men in Dash Road, Bank Hall, St Michael, on March 15, as they tried to recover items from Jamal Skeete who had broken into their home on Queen Mary Road.
This morning, our news team saw Gittens leaving the station in the company of several personnel including investigator, Inspector Carolyn Blackman.
Knight’s family members are among those gathered at the Bridgetown court.
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App