Fire officers tonight rescued a St Michael resident, after she reportedly fell into well in the backyard of her home at Perkins Gap, Brittons Cross Road St Michael.
The incident occurred around 10:30 this evening.
The victim, 29-year-old Shenelle Charles, complained of injuries, mainly to her shoulder and feet, following the incident.
She also had to be taken from her home in a stretcher and transported to hospital by ambulance after she fell into the 25-foot well.
A team of seven fire officers, led by the acting Chief Fire Officer Errol Maynard, responded to the report, along with a rescue tender and a water tender. Two uniformed police officers were also present at the scene, as well as scores of onlookers.
- Govt ‘making up’ with former commissioner – Senator Franklyn
- ‘Make money from Sargassum seaweed’
- Fishing boat credit scheme being explored - Humphrey
- Electric buses ‘by year-end’, says Abrahams
- Protest near US Embassy in support of President Nicolas Maduro
- PM denies giving diplomatic passport, $100,000 waiver to Hartley Henry
- TRINIDAD - Police capture one of the country’s most wanted men
- CRICKET-WI/ENG-West Indies bracing for strong challenge, says Hope
- GUYANA - Vice Chancellor denies running University broke as staff calls for audit
- REGIONAL - Haiti inmates escape from Aquin prison
- GUYANA - ‘Clean up the list’
- THE BAHAMAS - Haitian sloop survivors will be repatriated
- Mobile App