A gunman burst into the Queen Elizabeth Hospital (QEH) earlier this afternoon and threatened staff before making a daring escape.
The incident, which occurred around 1 p.m, forced management of the QEH to close the hospital and cancel visiting hours for the remainder of the day.
According to reports, the gunman entered the hospital in an apparent rage following the death of a relative, who passed away while being treated at the health institution.
It is unknown if anyone was injured during the attack.
Following the assault, the QEH has advised doctors and nurses to answer the doors with caution.
Police are investigating the incident.
- Local News
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App