The island’s lone general hospital has been forced to review its security following an incident today in which someone claiming to have lost a loved one, entered the compound threatening to kill everybody there.
While saying he did not give any instructions to close the Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Chief Executive Officer, Dr Dexter James told Barbados TODAY this afternoon that the police were called in to investigate the matter.
“I understand there was somebody who claimed they have lost some loved one and came to the hospital and claimed that they come to kill everybody. The matter was reported to the police. We reviewed our security system…CCTV and what relevant information have been passed onto the police. That’s as much as I know at this point in time,” the CEO added.
Recent Local News
- REGIONAL - Haitians seek water, food as businesses reopen
- GUYANA - Disabled woman perishes in fire
- REGIONAL - Bahamas Govt places repatriations of Haitians on hold amid unrest
- TRINIDAD - Police capture one of the country’s most wanted men
- CRICKET-WI/ENG-West Indies bracing for strong challenge, says Hope
- GUYANA - Vice Chancellor denies running University broke as staff calls for audit
- Mobile App