Fast bowlers Jason Holder and Shannon Gabriel bowled West Indies into a commanding position at lunch on the first day of the third test against England.
England won the toss and elected to bat and slowly crawled to 71 for three off 26 overs. Holder and Gabriel made it difficult for the English batsmen on a bouncy Kensington Oval pitch.
Jonathan Trott’s torrid series continued when he was dismissed by Gabriel in his first over for a duck with a solitary run on the board. England were 38 for one when Holder came on from the Joel Garner end and dismissed Joel Balance for 18 and then Ian Belle quickly followed for a duck.
At lunch the not out batsmen are Captain Alastair Cook on 31 and Joe Root 18 not out.
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App