Brazilians seeking to travel to Barbados now have a greater incentive to do so as the Barbados Tourism Marketing Inc. (BTMI) and GOL Airlines will soon launch a new discounted airfare.
During a recent trip to Sao Paulo for World Travel Market (WTM) Latin America, BTMI CEO, William Griffith, revealed the island was able to develop a number of programmes to improve the value proposition for potential travelers from the large South American nation.
The new airline promotion, which will run from May 1 to June 30, will offer a special rate of US $420 for a round trip via GOL airlines. The offer will be accessible via GOL’s website, online travel agents (OTAs), and tour operators. GOL has also committed to working with the BTMI and local tourism partners on an extensive sales and marketing plan to promote the Brazil flight.
To capitalize further on the island’s Sao Paulo gateway, the Barbados delegation held a series of meetings with key industry decision makers during WTM Latin America. As a result a number of new opportunities for promoting the destination are being explored.
CEO Griffith reported that current projections indicate there is still work to do to guarantee a strong summer period for the island’s tourism sector and this is to be the focus of their current marketing strategy in Latin America.
- Local News
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App