Barcelona moved one step closer to winning the La Liga title after beating Real Sociedad 2-0, thanks to a header from Neymar and a stunning overhead kick from Pedro in the second half.
Luis Enrique’s side could not offer the same barnstorming performance that saw them romp to victory over Bayern Munich on Wednesday, as David Moyes’ side produced another impressive defensive display against the Catalans, but their resistance wilted after the break.
All Barcelona must do now is win at Atletico Madrid next Sunday and overcome Deportivo La Coruna at the Camp Nou the following week and a 23rd title will be theirs.
- Govt ‘making up’ with former commissioner – Senator Franklyn
- ‘Make money from Sargassum seaweed’
- Fishing boat credit scheme being explored - Humphrey
- Electric buses ‘by year-end’, says Abrahams
- Protest near US Embassy in support of President Nicolas Maduro
- PM denies giving diplomatic passport, $100,000 waiver to Hartley Henry
- TRINIDAD - Police capture one of the country’s most wanted men
- CRICKET-WI/ENG-West Indies bracing for strong challenge, says Hope
- GUYANA - Vice Chancellor denies running University broke as staff calls for audit
- REGIONAL - Haiti inmates escape from Aquin prison
- GUYANA - ‘Clean up the list’
- THE BAHAMAS - Haitian sloop survivors will be repatriated
- Mobile App