A Jamaican woman will appear in the District ‘A’ Magistrates court today to answer four drug charges.
Gloria Simpson-Harri, 63, has been charged with possession of cannabis, possession with intent to supply cannabis, trafficking cannabis and importation of cannabis.
Simpson-Harris was held yesterday at the Grantley Adams International Airport after being interviewed by police on her arrival.
She was referred to customs and a search revealed four packages containing five pounds of cannabis hidden in a false compartment of her suitcase.
Recent Local News
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App