A young man lost his life this morning after being struck by a vehicle.
Jerome Nicholls, 27, of Nursery #2, St Philip, died on the spot after he was hit by a motor-van around 6:30 a.m. this morning on Windsor Road, Highway 5, St George.
His body was discovered in a bushy area near to the roadway Highway 5, between Campaign Castle and Little Bentley, St. Philip.
According to initial investigations, a motorist visited the District ‘B’ Police Station and made a report. Police visited the area and discovered the body.
It is believed that Nicholls was the subject of an accident involving a motor van which occurred in the early morning hours.
The identity of the driver has not been disclosed, but reports are that he is being questioned by police at the Boarded Hall police station.
- REGIONAL - Haitians seek water, food as businesses reopen
- GUYANA - Disabled woman perishes in fire
- REGIONAL - Bahamas Govt places repatriations of Haitians on hold amid unrest
- TRINIDAD - Police capture one of the country’s most wanted men
- CRICKET-WI/ENG-West Indies bracing for strong challenge, says Hope
- GUYANA - Vice Chancellor denies running University broke as staff calls for audit
- Mobile App