Fire has destroyed a home and an adjoining shop at Arthur Seat, St Thomas.
The home of Lorna Sealy and her daughter Wendy, as well as their business operation, went up in smoke some time after seven tonight.
Eleven fire officers, under the command of Acting Deputy Chief Fire Officer Lloydson Phillips responded to a call received at 7:36 p.m, but were unable to save either structure.
Recent Local News
- REGIONAL - Haitians seek water, food as businesses reopen
- GUYANA - Disabled woman perishes in fire
- REGIONAL - Bahamas Govt places repatriations of Haitians on hold amid unrest
- TRINIDAD - Police capture one of the country’s most wanted men
- CRICKET-WI/ENG-West Indies bracing for strong challenge, says Hope
- GUYANA - Vice Chancellor denies running University broke as staff calls for audit
- Mobile App