Two wanted men, charged in connection with a gun found at a funeral service just over a month ago, have been remanded to prison.
Kerrie Shaquille Thompson, 19, of Field Place, Bayville, St Michael and Akmal Terrill Haynes, 30, of My Lords Hill, St Michael were detained after they appeared at the District ‘A’ Magistrates’ Court yesterday.
They have both been charged with possession of a firearm, theft and assault following the incident, which occurred at the funeral of Adrianna Sobers on April 20.
Police launched an investigation in response to a video, which was circulated on social media, showing a firearm on the ground at a funeral service.
A member of the Barbados Coast Guard collected the firearm, but it was then stolen by a number of culprits after he was struck. The culprits escaped. The two wanted men handed themselves over to police in the custody of an attorney.
- Govt ‘making up’ with former commissioner – Senator Franklyn
- ‘Make money from Sargassum seaweed’
- Fishing boat credit scheme being explored - Humphrey
- Electric buses ‘by year-end’, says Abrahams
- Protest near US Embassy in support of President Nicolas Maduro
- PM denies giving diplomatic passport, $100,000 waiver to Hartley Henry
- GUYANA - Vice Chancellor denies running University broke as staff calls for audit
- REGIONAL - Haiti inmates escape from Aquin prison
- GUYANA - ‘Clean up the list’
- THE BAHAMAS - Haitian sloop survivors will be repatriated
- GUYANA - Student remanded on UG bomb threat charges
- THE BAHAMAS - Together in grief
- Mobile App