Two people were rushed to hospital following a shooting incident this afternoon, which marred today’s Christ Church carnival.
Lawmen are currently withholding the names of the victims. However, police spokesman, Acting Superintendent of Police David Welch, who spoke to Barbados TODAY at the scene, confirmed that two males – a 17-year-old and a 26-year-old – were taking part in the Carnival when they were shot.
The teenager received a bullet wound to the abdomen, while the other victim was shot in his right shinbone.
It was not immediately clear what triggered the shootings, which occurred just after 2PM at the corner of Durants and Lodge Road.
Investigations are continuing.
When approached, Member of parliament for Christ Church East, Minister of the Environment Dr Denis Lowe refused to comment on the matter.
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App